Maine Children’s Trust Grant Information
The Maine Children’s Trust (MCT) is pleased to announce the 2017-2018
Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Grants
There is approximately $60,000 available for grants up to $8,000 each. One half of the awarded amount will be automatically available to grantees the following year for the same program, if selected, subject to successful completion of a year one program as determined by the MCT grant allocations committee.
The grants are to be used to support primary prevention program (programs and strategies which are available to all families) as well as secondary (targeted) prevention efforts, which target children and families at risk for abuse or neglect. Both of which are intended to stop abuse or neglect BEFORE abuse or neglect ever occur.
We require applicants to submit a “Letter of Intent” to determine if the proposed program is offered to stop abuse or neglect before it occurs, and also that it fits with funding priorities of MCT. Intervention and/or treatment programs will not be funded.
Priorities for the 2017– 2018 funding cycle Include but are not limited to:
- Programs that promote one or more of the 5 Protective Factors as defined by CSSP
1. Parental Resilience
2. Social Connections
3. Knowledge of Parenting & Child Development
4. Concrete support in Times of Need
5. Healthy Social and Emotional Development
- Promote the development of parenting skills, especially in young parents and parents with very young children
- Support the additional needs of families with children with disabilities
- Provide early, comprehensive supports for parents
- Provide programs and services for Fathers
To qualify for a grant, your organization:
1. Must be a 501(c)3 organization or use a 501(c)3 fiscal agent;
2. Must be a Maine organization and serve Maine residents;
3. Must be for programs typical of primary or secondary child abuse and neglect prevention; AND
4. Must use the 2017 “Letter of Intent Form” to submit your initial request.
Proposals will be due by 2:00 PM on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 with awards made by June 30, 2017.